Real estate is deemed an essential service so we are still operating. Our team is working from home via teleconferencing technology and, when we do conduct our services in person, we observe all CDC and common sense precautions. To give you an idea of how we show homes safely, we:
(1) Teleconference to discuss properties with clients virtually whenever possible.
(2) Video or stream virtual walk-throughs upon clients’ request.
(3) For in-person viewings:
- Drive separately to showings.
- Have all parties wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer before and after entering a home.
- Ask buyers to avoid touching anything in the home.
- Cancel showings if buyers, sellers, or agents are sick.
- Open all interior doors prior to showings to minimize the need for buyers to touch door handles.
- Turn on all lights before showings to prevent touching light switches.
- Disinfect all door handles and high‐touch areas prior to and after showings.
- Have all parties stand six feet away from each other during showings.
For the Sellers:
We advise continued patience as we venture together into this unprecedented territory. We have always taken pride in our online marketing for our sellers, which is more important than ever under present circumstances. If you need to sell your home, we will work with you to properly prepare your home before listing. We will make your home stand out online and we will help you coordinate safe showings that follow social distancing guidelines. Managing contracts has also become more critical than ever, as multiple factors at play increase the uncertainty of closing. Know that we continue to be up to date on the latest market info with affiliated professionals including lenders, title, and closing agents. We will do everything in our power to achieve the most favorable outcome for you.
We hope to be on the other side of this pandemic soon. Please reach out to us. We would love to hear from you and discuss your questions or concerns.
Please take good care of yourself and your loved ones.